Derbyshire Baptist Church is a vibrant, moderate church located in the West End of Richmond, Virginia. We are affiliated with the River City Faith Network, Virginia Baptist Mission Board, Cooperate Baptist Fellowship and the Southern Baptist Convention. We are currently hiring for:
MINISTER OF YOUTH AND MISSIONS
Principal Functions: This position combines two primary roles in the life of the church — ministering to our youth and families and leading and promoting the missions of our church through engaging our community.
This minister will have the unique opportunity of mentoring and guiding our youth to help them discover God’s love and build a personal relationship with God, while building a strong youth ministry at Derbyshire Baptist Church. This minister will also lead our church to engage our community by building sustainable missions opportunities, where Derbyshire Baptist Church can be the hands and feet of God as we love our neighbors.
The Minister of Youth and Missions is accountable to the Pastor and is an equal part of the Derbyshire Ministry Team.
- Directly minister to youth (Grades 7-12) and parents of youth
- Develop Christian relationships with our youth through involvement in their lives and being present at their personal activities so as to encourage them and help them discover God’s plan for their lives
- Provide leadership for the Youth Ministry including, but not limited to the following:
- Wednesday Night and Sunday Night programs
- Sunday School
- All Youth Missions and Fellowship activities
- Special projects and activities, such as camps, retreats and mission trips
- Facilitate intergenerational fellowship between the youth and the larger church body
- Evaluate and develop Youth Educational and Outreach Programs
- Collaborate with the Youth Ministry Team so as to create a comprehensive youth program that offers spiritual nourishment and direction for our youth
- Find and cultivate ministry partnership opportunities with the larger community
- Organize and supervise implementation of mission opportunities within our mission partnerships which will provide opportunities to live out our faith
- Enlist and train volunteers to serve in various areas of community missions and abroad
- Collaborate with and lead the Mission Team in planning mission opportunities
- Serve as the staff liaison with the Cambodian Ministry
- Assure effective communication by participating in Staff Meetings and other team meetings as appropriate
- Assist in worship services, including preaching, as agreed upon with the pastor
- Establish regular times to be available for church members who seek pastoral counseling or advice
- The Pastor and /or Personnel Team may assign a further division or expansion of duties
- Have a special love for working with youth in Middle School and High School years, as well as young adults
- Have a passion for living God’s love through the mission of the church
- Possess a warm, approachable personality
- Skilled in leadership, counseling, and ministry.
- Be organized and a self-starter
- B.A. in fine arts, humanities, psychology, counseling, or related field
- Advanced seminary degree required
- Degrees in Social Work also highly desirable
If you have a passion for serving Jesus and want to work in a healthy church environment, send your resume to — Attn: Minister of Youth and Missions Search Team at
PART-TIME OFFICE ASSISTANT
Hours: 9 AM-2 PM weekdays (25 hour work week, with some flexibility in hours)
Rate: Negotiable and commensurate with experience
- Perform administrative and project support for church staff.
- Greet visitors, answer phones, respond to emails.
- Update church website and post to church’s Facebook and Twitter accounts
- 1-year prior office or clerical experience
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience updating basic website and completing Facebook and Twitter feeds
- High School graduate or GED
- Ability to multitask
To apply, please email resume to attention Office Manager.